Friday, June 22, 2007

Slow progress

There doesn't seem to be alot of color out in the garden, but things are coming along. This week I bought some asters, cleome and dill plants. Today I planted some tomatoes and peppers in pots that someone gave me. They have been sitting outside for a few days so I don't know if the tomatoes will make it but the peppers should be good.
This little fellow is out near the woods...I think he is about to climb through my prize poison ivy.
I don't know if it is a beaver or a woodchuck or what.

The arbor is blooming...I think there were more flowers last year.
This is the arbor that was completely knocked over on its side last winter. We thought about replacing it but we reinforced it instead. The thorns on some of those big canes would probably cut us to shreads!

I cut this butterfly bush back to about 2 feet at the beginning of the Spring and it is just beginning to form buds.
Zelda sporting her new summer haircut.
Indoor cats are not much help in the garden.
A lone zinnia.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

The roses are lovely!
I had to lol at the cat. Mine stalk me while I'm in the garden. They move from window to window to see what I'm doing.

Lesley said...

I'd love to have an arbour in my garden, yours is lovely and I'm glad you decided to rescue it. You have a very chilled out cat!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about trimming your butterfly bush down low in the spring. It's what you're supposed to do! They come up much straighter each year when treated that way. Mine just started to bloom about a week ago, and I'm south of you, so I'd say you were right on target.