Wednesday, October 31, 2007

This is the last bouquet of the season, picked the day before the first big frost. There are still snapdragons holding on but the dahlias are gone. They have been blooming since July.









We started pulling up the rug first in the dining room. I never realized how heavy these rugs would be. The floors were very nice in the places where they must have had oval rugs and the floor around that, not so good. Then there is this one spot that looks like they dropped something on the floor that splattered, and of course that is right near the doorway from the dining room to the living room.


This is the light that we would like to replace in the dining room. I want a less colonial look. The one I looked at yesterday was black wrought iron, but I don't know if that will be ok with all of the light colors in the room.

Here you can see the colors of the dining room. The bottom really does look less pink than it does here, it is more of a tan color.






And here is the living room. I want to get a 5x8 rug for in front of the chair and the couch and either an ottoman that can double as a coffee table. The blank wall that is next to the front door is where we plan to put a chest of some kind with a TV. I think my dad has something we could use. I still haven't decided between roman shades or drapes. We haven't hung the painting yet. The room has a totally different feel to it. It will be even cozier with a rug. And I am on the lookout for end tables to replace the cheap table with the table cloth over it and the other old table. But I'm already thinking that we can wait to refinish the floors until maybe the spring. Depends on how much it costs.

No comments: